Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed
(11-26-2021, 11:04 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 06:50 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: I expect this to pass and as ac3r highlighted it could maybe even get more height depending on how the project is revised and phased. Station Park was originally Sixo which was also not nearly as tall as it will be now. Kitchener (unlike Waterloo) has shown a continued willingness to approve height, at least in the downtown core.

Downtown is the keyword. No reason not to allow this type of height. Especially after spending that money on the Ion.

I think it will still get approved but I think these parcels are technically right adjacent to the zoned "downtown" parcels. However, the enormous one next to it is the city owned asphalt wasteland that you could shoot gun through safely at 6pm.

If I may offer an idea to put to the "not enough parks and amenities" concerns that are coming up (including from the ward counsellor): maybe the city could choose to prioritize green space and park land over this enormous parking area and find a way to have these dense developments raise some funds to convert it.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed - by cherrypark - 11-27-2021, 02:46 PM