Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed
(12-02-2021, 09:33 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 09:04 AM)MidTowner Wrote: I think it's wrong to say that Victoria Park is busy in a general sense. First few nice days in Spring, maybe, and a really nice summer Saturday specific amenities- the playground and the splash pad come to my mind just because they are where I often go- might be well-used, but I don't think it's almost ever what any reasonable person would call "crowded."

I visit or go through victoria park just about every single day outside of winter (and even then most days). There are a handful of days each year (some of which you highlighted) which I personally find unpleasantly crowded. However, there are many, many more days throughout the year that I think are very close to being crowded. And with the amount of nearby housing coming online, I don't think we're far off from a crowded reality, even if we aren't there today.

I think it all depends on (1) time of day, (2) the part of the park, and (3) one's definition of "crowded".

We walk the park almost every day after dinner. For the last two months or so, there are generally very few (or no) people on the trails. In the summer, there are people, sure, but we generally don't have any trouble doing the social distancing (2m or so). To me, that's not unpleasantly crowded. (The kids' play area certainly is busy in the summer, though.)

Now, you may be using a different part of the park, or at a different time of day. Or else your "crowdedness threshold" is just way lower than mine.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed - by tomh009 - 12-02-2021, 11:17 PM