Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed
(12-05-2021, 10:58 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 10:10 PM)ac3r Wrote: ....

Jubilee Drive is useful because it acts as a connector for Park Street and Victoria Street traffic and can funnel cars onto Courtland, King, Charles, Queen etc, but it's not a big enough street that it causes serious traffic issues in the park itself. 

Lol...no, it's an issue, routinely I have drivers speeding past while I am trying to cross. To say nothing of the noise and pollution and space is takes.

It's true that a road can be useful for drivers, that's a terrible argument. It would also be convenient if we'd paved lakeside park and connected Homer-Watson to Benton, and I'm sure any time someone suggested removing Homer-Watson and making lakeside park better someone would say "but it's useful, drivers would just go elsewhere"...yes, that's the whole damn point. 

And no, the junkyard would expand the park yes, but that's all...it achieves none of the other benefits of closing Jubilee.

Unfortunately, I think them one-waying Joseph just about ensures Jubilee is going to be there to stay (more than it already was).

I do wish they would improve some AT designated route through the park, particularly when they just finished building a new bridge that could have easily been widened to give a separated bike crossing that would eliminate a lot of negative ped-bike interactions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed - by cherrypark - 12-05-2021, 11:16 PM