Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manulife (King Centre) redevelopment project
(01-10-2022, 10:45 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Our condo building has deeded parking spaces (and storage lockers!), with each one attached to a specific unit. However, the city's GIS system does not show those spaces as individual properties. I think having them registered as individual properties would be far more work -- and would also mean that the city would need to track and assess property taxes individually.

Yes, I don’t know what’s up with those Kaufman parking spaces. Lots of condos also have exclusive use common elements — our backyard in the townhouses on McDougall was like that. They have specific borders, and are for the specific use of particular units, but the borders aren’t shown on the property map. Instead, it’s just one big parcel with multiple records, one for each unit, and the condo declaration (or rather, an appendix) gives the actual layout of the buildings and exclusive use areas.

I’ve sometimes wondered about things like this and have not found it easy to find information. I have on a couple of occasions tried to find a list of all the condo corporations, without success.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manulife (King Centre) redevelopment project - by ijmorlan - 01-10-2022, 12:32 PM
RE: Manulife Development Project - by robdrimmie - 05-21-2019, 02:54 PM