Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(02-27-2024, 03:10 PM)Bytor Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 09:39 AM)westwardloo Wrote: If Kitchener was the largest city in the province we would have no problem getting our fair share, but we are barely in the top ten within Ontario. As a single city we would be the close to 4th largest with a real possibility of over taking both brampton & Mississauga within the next 2 decade for #3. 

Kitchener is the fourth largest population centre in Ontario, according to StatCan.

I also don't know that I believe that population is actually the main factor here.

Hamilton is larger than us even as a region and I think it probably gets much less attention than us.

London is only just barely behind us, and yet also gets far less attention than we do.

And Toronto and Ottawa are the biggest two cities, and yet the Ford government often treats them as enemies.

I suspect some combination of political and economic clout, future prospects, and the level of problematic conflict with the current government determines the amount of positive attention a city gets from a government.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by danbrotherston - 02-27-2024, 04:10 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM