Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(10-28-2020, 10:09 AM)Momo26 Wrote: That would be amazing - seeing a H&M or a Best buy or both, creating a Toronto downtown-eque Queen St. Vibe. Sadly, you would need like 10+ shops to come close. They CAN be 'ma and pa', it's just harder to get folks in. What was that one cool clothing store where I think Wine Rack is currently? I think urban clothing after that too, but alas did not survive...

Also, what I'm thinking, is we aim for a look such as Lakeshore in Oakville. We dont have the major pull of the Lake obv but something like a Lululemon would do wonders with draw. We have the Starbucks now, we have a few great restos - need a few more - the City should entice and attract some big name stores. Above Starbucks could have gone an Anthropology or it could be placed downstairs here in this condo...

We are getting cannabis but quite frankly - and this is not a commentary on marijuana - I would have liked to see something other than more drugs and more booze in DTK.
Agreed! I remember when EngageWR had the Downtown shopping survey I made the point that DTK needs to attract major retailers to take a chance at an urban format of there stores. Like you would find in other major urban centres around Canada. Lakeshore in Oakville is a great example of this. Unfortunately previous planning principles and zoning has allowed the suburbs to attract all of these types of retails to car oriented plazas or malls. Which I personally have no interest in travelling to. I will just shop online instead of heading to conestoga mall, boardwalk or fairway.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 4 fl | U/C - by westwardloo - 10-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Re: City Centre Condominiums - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
[No subject] - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 10:53 PM