Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3241-3247 King Street East and 108 Cameo Drive | 24, 23, & 19 fl | Proposed
True. People think TEK Tower pricing is expensive? I am sure people will be willing to pay even higher prices to live minutes away from Heffner Toyota. All those acres of asphalt holding used cars...god I'm starting to feel things just thinking about it.

Edit: Speaking more seriously though, I wonder if we'd ever see anything happening at the location of the dealership. You can see how much space there is, yet much of it isn't even being used...it's just grass lots and parking lots for the most part. It's in a really good location with highway access, Fairway Station, numerous important bus routes and a lot more (nearby retail, recreation etc). If the dealership ever decided to shut down or move, they could make a good amount of money and a developer could easily build a massive project here.

The development this thread is about shows the potential for this area and I'd like to see some stuff happen around here. It's a pretty ugly part of the city in terms of awful roads and poor development. There's a lot of space that can be used, however. If you take Hidden Valley just on the other side of the bridge as well, you could easily build a large project there as well. I believe a lot of it is protected wetland, but much of it is still just farm fields that could easily be rezoned while still protecting the wetlands.

[Image: 16lDUI8.png]

Maybe one day, once the LRT line to Cambridge gets started. We're already seeing quite a lot of dense proposals happening along King East/near Sportsworld.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3241-3247 King Street East and 108 Cameo Drive | 24, 23, & 19 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-20-2022, 05:35 PM