Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
Yeah, it looks like their original sandwich wine salad bistro thing didn’t really take off and they immediately found a new tenant with this fine dining option.
local cambridge weirdo

Best of the DTK Indian restaurants? Also, what's the Serbian place on King W like?
(05-16-2024, 12:36 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Best of the DTK Indian restaurants?  Also, what's the Serbian place on King W like?

There are now enough Indian restaurants in DTK that "best" is hard to define. For example, I like Rangeela but it's not so traditional. Other people like Jayalakshmi for the South Indian cuisine. None of the downtown ones are really "fine dining" style even if the food is good.

Don't know about the Serbian place, I don't think they allow vegetables inside! 😂
Grand Trunk is going to be relocating to King St, and taking over the old Wineology space.
Awe... That's both good and bad. I love the current Grand Trunk site, very cool and intimate. However, the Wineology space is very nice too. Maybe they will relocate The Grand Surf Lounge in the current Grand Trunk location for more space..
(05-18-2024, 11:34 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Awe... That's both good and bad.  I love the current Grand Trunk site, very cool and intimate.  However, the Wineology space is very nice too.  Maybe they will relocate The Grand Surf Lounge in the current  Grand Trunk location for more space..

The same owners?
(05-18-2024, 03:14 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-18-2024, 11:34 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Awe... That's both good and bad.  I love the current Grand Trunk site, very cool and intimate.  However, the Wineology space is very nice too.  Maybe they will relocate The Grand Surf Lounge in the current  Grand Trunk location for more space..

The same owners?

I believe so...

(05-18-2024, 03:14 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

The same owners?

Of the Trunk and Surf? Yes, they're run like a single establishment with staff moving back and forth between the two.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »