Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Junction | 37 & 33 fl | Proposed
(09-14-2023, 12:22 PM)DK519 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 12:20 PM)panamaniac Wrote: "East" of Cameron.

"East-south-east" of Cameron.

If you are going to be exact (very un-Kitchener), it IS east south-east so you don't need the quotation marks.

(09-14-2023, 12:20 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 09:26 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Bit of a shame there is no attempt to create any ground level presence at the street front or an internal courtyard here for commercial. This end of town could really use extending the King St. storefronts and services down towards Ottawa further. I don't think a single development proposed south of Cameron has proposed that sort of thing.

"East" of Cameron.

Look, I'm not the guy with the broken compass who laid out the city in the first place. At least we aren't Edmonton where 90% of the city is "NW" while having the entire city on a numerical naming grid.
“ Two-tower project near downtown Kitchener to include daycare, grocery store”

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...f044c.html
Developers should not dangle supermarkets until they've got one signed and sealed. I think Ottawa has had about 27 supermarkets promised in the core in recent years. Ok, not 27, but a lot.
Yeah I will believe these downtown grocers when I see them. It currently seems to fit in the bin of overly greened renders as a way to soften things up without any real commitment to make that materialize.
That said, this is an excellent location for one; it will face Charles and be a short walk from the Ion.
It would be a prime location for another No Frills or Food Basics something like that. The location is basically equidistant from the Stanley Park Zehrs, Laurentian Zehrs, Frederick Mall Independent, and the Weber St FreshCo (all 2.5 to 3.2km away).

Discount grocery stores are generally not the sort of people who would move into the ground floor of a skyscraper project like this. It would probably end up being an upscale chain belonging to Loblaws, Empire or Metro.
(11-27-2023, 01:43 PM)ac3r Wrote: Discount grocery stores are generally not the sort of people who would move into the ground floor of a skyscraper project like this. It would probably end up being an upscale chain belonging to Loblaws, Empire or Metro.

A Farm Boy would be nice.
Can definitely see a Longo, Farm Boy, or urban-style Metro or Sobeys.
(11-27-2023, 01:43 PM)ac3r Wrote: Discount grocery stores are generally not the sort of people who would move into the ground floor of a skyscraper project like this. It would probably end up being an upscale chain belonging to Loblaws, Empire or Metro.

It 'can' happen but it's uncommon, I've only recall seeing these two urban FreshCos in Toronto. (EmpireCo)

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6692777,...?entry=ttu

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6594844,...?entry=ttu

Metro would be interesting as they only operate their discount banner in Waterloo Region.

Or Farm Boy.  Or Longo's.  Or maybe a Sobey's?
(11-27-2023, 07:47 PM)panamaniac Wrote:

Or Farm Boy.  Or Longo's.  Or maybe a Sobey's?

All of those brands are part of Empire Company Limited.

(11-28-2023, 12:16 AM)CP42 Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 07:47 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Or Farm Boy.  Or Longo's.  Or maybe a Sobey's?

All of those brands are part of Empire Company Limited.

Yep.
(11-27-2023, 02:23 PM)Acitta Wrote:

A Farm Boy would be nice.

Ooh I would be all-in for a Farm Boy much closer to my home than the existing two locations.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »