Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(10-30-2023, 09:05 AM)Chris Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 07:12 PM)CP42 Wrote: Anyone else find it funny/sad when realtors from the GTA are posting ads trying to sell KW properties but have no idea what or where the building is?
Saw this ad for an assignment sale at the Bright Building, but the photo was of Circa1877, and claims to be close to “Waterloo University”.
On a KW scale it's not close. But if you had someone from TO come here and learn that it's only four stops on the Ion to the UofW, they would think it's close. So ya, locally a little inaccurate but not for the market they are advertising in.

Agreed - I was moreso commenting on the inaccurate name of the school.

(10-30-2023, 09:12 AM)CP42 Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 09:05 AM)Chris Wrote: On a KW scale it's not close. But if you had someone from TO come here and learn that it's only four stops on the Ion to the UofW, they would think it's close. So ya, locally a little inaccurate but not for the market they are advertising in.

Ha. I didn't notice the wrong name in the bottom part. My bad, that is embarrassing for someone that should know better in the industry.
The bar for realtors was pretty low but I guess it could be even lower I suppose.
local cambridge weirdo
(10-30-2023, 09:12 AM)CP42 Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 09:05 AM)Chris Wrote: On a KW scale it's not close. But if you had someone from TO come here and learn that it's only four stops on the Ion to the UofW, they would think it's close. So ya, locally a little inaccurate but not for the market they are advertising in.

The Toronto Star consistently referred to "Waterloo University" earlier this year in any news articles until a quiet note to their Public Editor corrected their style book.
Have there been any rumours about what will happen to the 3 houses at 271/275/277 Frederick St (at Simeon)? They sold as single parcel I think sometime last year, and I've been wondering if they will be coming down to put up something like the Blaze Properties Tivoli building one block over at Samuel.
With Towne Bowl closing now, what do we speculate will happen with that and the neighbouring property?
(11-06-2023, 12:33 PM)DK519 Wrote: With Towne Bowl closing now, what do we speculate will happen with that and the neighbouring property?

My guess would be the property gets sold to a developer, then sold to another developer, who will in turn sell it to another developer. Possibly a few proposals are put forward, but nothing actually get done on the property until we are in the next boom cycle. Which is hard to predict, but I would say sometime in the 30's something might get built here.

(11-06-2023, 01:36 PM)westwardloo Wrote: My guess would be the property gets sold to a developer, then sold to another developer, who will in turn sell it to another developer. Possibly a few proposals are put forward, but nothing actually get done on the property until we are in the next boom cycle. Which is hard to predict, but I would say sometime in the 30's something might get built here.

So, Vive?
Great Places Awards celebrate outstanding development projects in Kitchener

The City of Kitchener celebrated its 2023 Great Places Awards earlier this evening, honouring outstanding development projects that show a commitment to design excellence and innovation in urban design, sustainability, and heritage conservation. Joined by several members of Kitchener City Council, Mayor Berry Vrbanovic kicked off the event, which named 14 winners across a variety of categories.
(10-27-2023, 04:34 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 04:06 PM)ac3r Wrote: There's some excavation and/or pile driving going on at the little triangular lot beside the old midtown McDonald's. Not sure if there's a thread for whatever is going in there.

There isn't a thread for it, all the discussion has been in the general thread. I mentioned that they brought a shoring drill to the site last week. But all that's approved for that site is a 4 floor building fronting King and 3 floors fronting Wellington. With a total of 34 units.

Looks like the project is called Central Lofts
https://centrallofts.ca
(11-11-2023, 06:24 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 04:34 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: There isn't a thread for it, all the discussion has been in the general thread. I mentioned that they brought a shoring drill to the site last week. But all that's approved for that site is a 4 floor building fronting King and 3 floors fronting Wellington. With a total of 34 units.

Looks like the project is called Central Lofts

Can those hip looking young people afford a condo?
(11-11-2023, 08:37 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 06:24 PM)CP42 Wrote: Looks like the project is called Central Lofts

Can those hip looking young people afford a condo?

Roommates!
Trust fund babies need only apply. Rich Chinese kids too, I suppose.

(11-13-2023, 06:09 PM)ac3r Wrote: Trust fund babies need only apply. Rich Chinese kids too, I suppose.

The not-so-subtle racism is real.
That is not racism lmao.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »