Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I'm pretty sure Valumart is one of Loblaws' franchise brands, so it's probably the franchisee who would be involved, not Loblaws itself.

The car is currently west of Thunder Bay bound for Winnipeg
http://rapidtransit.regionofwaterloo.ca/...racker.asp

LRT: The train has left the station
Actually it hasn't left Thunder Bay - it's in the Westfort Yard, and it's leaving tonight between 9pm and 3am tomorrow.
(02-16-2017, 06:36 PM)Canard Wrote: Actually it hasn't left Thunder Bay - it's in the Westport Yard, and it's leaving tonight between 9pm and 3am tomorrow.

Why is the tracker showing the car moving westbound west of Thunder Bay at this time??

One would think it would come down on CP 420 train and handed off to CN in Toronto who would hand it off to Goderich-Exeter
I don't know, drum. I can only repeat the info I was given (see my previous post). The tracker is a map image someone is manually making and saving to the webpage. It's up to the Waterloo Region staff who are maintaining the webpage when and how they update it.
Has the image in the tracker even changed? It's been showing the same picture for a couple days. At least, it seems like the same picture.
(02-16-2017, 07:07 PM)Canard Wrote: I don't know, drum.  I can only repeat the info I was given (see my previous post).  The tracker is a map image someone is manually making and saving to the webpage.  It's up to the Waterloo Region staff who are maintaining the webpage when and how they update it.

Real strange to see the arrow showing the train west of Thunder Bay and I am only going by what I see on the map. Someone could have enter the wrong car number and that is why it showing up in the wrong location.

The map will remain the same, except with the moving arrow of the train carrying the car.

This picture was taken an hour or two ago:

Photo Credit: Stephen Margarit

...it's in the Westfort Yard in Thunder Bay.

Quote:Real strange to see the arrow showing the train west of Thunder Bay and I am only going by what I see on the map.

The arrow is on top of Bombardier's facility. Presumably, someone at The Region (staff updating the webpage) typed in the address for Bombardier, and dropped the pin on the map, and saved the picture.

The map image hasn't been changed by staff since the page went live - probably because the train is still in Thunder Bay and updating it by moving it three pixels to the right wouldn't even be noticeable, and most of the general public wouldn't really understand what was going on.
Bad timing:  Front row seats for LRV unloading are now taken up almost entirely by a solar panel installation crew at World Gym off of Parkside:

EDIT - it's now in the "E" yard, waiting for Train 420 to start the journey South.
(02-16-2017, 03:00 PM)Markster Wrote: Incrementing numbers is so passe.
Should just stick with a batch number "01" and use a letter on the end instead.

1701-A
1701-B
1701-C
1701-D
1701-E

I like where you went with that.  Big Grin

Just got word, our trains will be the 500 Series!

500, 501, 502, ... 514.

...although, I think they made a mistake (unless they're skipping 513) - since that's 15 trains! Smile
No, they're skipping 501 per what you just posted.
Whoops, my mistake, Kevin. I've updated my post. I had originally typed "501, 502, ... 514." and realized that their reply to me added up to 15, not 14 - then changed 501 to 500, and missed changing 502 to 501.
Ah. So it seems your source mistyped either the '500' or the '514', then.

Yep - that's what I was getting at with the last comment in my post, about it adding up to 15 trains. Smile
We'll need to do some trainspotting once they all arrive. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »