Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District
(08-30-2019, 10:23 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: I wonder how they will make that fit into the faux-factory plans they have.

coke

Contrast.  Heritage.

(08-30-2019, 03:14 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 10:23 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: I wonder how they will make that fit into the faux-factory plans they have.

coke

Contrast.  Heritage.

Heritage? Would that be like the former Herigate Inn in Milton?
(09-08-2019, 09:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 03:14 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Contrast.  Heritage.

Heritage? Would that be like the former Herigate Inn in Milton?

The reference was to the precast panels of the former Sears that are being saved as a heritage feature.
(09-08-2019, 10:46 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 09:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Heritage? Would that be like the former Herigate Inn in Milton?

The reference was to the precast panels of the former Sears that are being saved as a heritage feature.

Ah, yes. They did save a couple of those. Apparently to be placed in some inconspicuous spot inside the buildings.

For the most part this project is faux-heritage, faux-industrial and faux-urban. It's kind of like Paris and New York in Las Vegas.
(09-09-2019, 11:42 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 10:46 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The reference was to the precast panels of the former Sears that are being saved as a heritage feature.

Ah, yes. They did save a couple of those. Apparently to be placed in some inconspicuous spot inside the buildings.

For the most part this project is faux-heritage, faux-industrial and faux-urban. It's kind of like Paris and New York in Las Vegas.

...or like Oktoberfest in Kitchener?
(09-09-2019, 12:02 PM)jgsz Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 11:42 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Ah, yes. They did save a couple of those. Apparently to be placed in some inconspicuous spot inside the buildings.

...or like Oktoberfest in Kitchener?

Touché!
does anybody have any updates on this?

(11-02-2019, 10:33 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: does anybody have any updates on this?

By the looks of it, most of the sub framing is up already, though I can't envision how the new layout is going to be, though it really looks like a lot of these new stores would have outside access.

It also looks like their starting work on the new section (which us to be the snow dump) that will be their soon.

Parking lot looks close to being finished off, in time for winter.
Any idea where this project is at? Hard to get a good view when driving past on highway 8

Thanks for the pictures. It seems to be coming along just fine.
Progressing nicely.

Did anyone ever hear a target timeline?
(12-09-2019, 10:43 AM)Spokes Wrote: Progressing nicely.

CF hasn't given a date for phase 1 anywhere that I can find. I've heard whispers about a big chunk of the former Sears becoming a super Winners though, with an opening date next fall.

Not sure how they would fit other retail into the original Sears footprint, but tbh I had been hoping for something different. Maybe a Yorkdale quality- anchor tenant is too much wishful thinking, but at least something new to the region would be a nice surprise. I also don't know if nine to ten months out is a realistic projection given the current stage of construction. Until the mall puts out a formal update I'm taking things with heavy grains of salt. None of it seems to suit the scope of the plans or the renders.

(12-09-2019, 10:43 AM)Spokes Wrote: Progressing nicely.

Well the project is going in phases. So I don't think I heard anything finalized in terms of when everything would be finished (including the new proposed towers)

However I was working in the old Sears building (under urban behavior) up until they closed. 

I know they started this project several months later than planned, and it sounded like the were eager to finish as quickly as possible. I haven't seen the updated plans given they are preserving some of the concrete facade and they weren't originally, but I would imagine from what I heard, that this portion of the Reno they would hope to have finished mid 2020. 

I dont know much about the rest.
Sorry for the poor quality, but the weather was crappy, and I can't confirm or deny if the picture was taken while at a red light.... Wink

They also have a sign on the Cineplex side stating CF Fairview Park Commons.

My question is why would they erect signs saying CF Fairview Park as opposed to CF Grand Market District?

Coke
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »