Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Civic 66 (Weber, Scott and Pearl Pl) | 11 fl | U/C
And the Crane is going up

Their website said there will be ground floor commercial spaces!
(03-22-2021, 10:12 PM)catarctica Wrote: Their website said there will be ground floor commercial spaces!

Let's hope they are more successful at finding tenants than The Scott was.
(03-22-2021, 10:39 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:12 PM)catarctica Wrote: Their website said there will be ground floor commercial spaces!

Let's hope they are more successful at finding tenants than The Scott was.
Did the Scott attempt to find tenants? It felt like they just had commercial space as a filler with the intention of always converting it into amenity space. I could be wrong, but I never saw a for lease sign.
For anyone who wants to see Park Pl. and Scott St. circa 2001, check out the Hawksley Workman video for 'Jealous of Your Cigarette'.

So much has changed! *The houses at the ends of Spetz are long gone and stood where Civic 66' is going up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgxltDbSDec

(03-23-2021, 11:49 AM)Votemac Wrote: For anyone who wants to see Park Pl. and Scott St. circa 2001, check out the Hawksley Workman video for 'Jealous of Your Cigarette'.

So much has changed! *The houses at the ends of Spetz are long gone and stood where Civic 66' is going up.

Awesome find! Have never heard that song, at least that I can recall, but it's a pretty good tune...cool seeing that section of the city.
Wow, awesome. Didn't know they'd done their video there.

[Image: arO915w.jpg]
Some progress being made. 

"Some" seems to be an overstatement!
(06-09-2021, 10:32 PM)ac3r Wrote: "Some" seems to be an overstatement!

Well, two concrete floors have been poured since the last photo. A month has elapsed, but the underground levels are usually the slowest.
This is now above grade, and on to the precast sections. So I think the rest will go up pretty quickly.

Went past this project while riding the 8. Seems like they're making good progress, with a lot of the facade up. Didn't get any photos since I was on the bus.

I was not on a bus yesterday Big Grin

[Image: oD53GSi.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »