Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis shops in Waterloo Region
(09-15-2020, 11:09 AM)tomh009 Wrote: They love doing legislation with acronyms (well, really, initialisms): MORE Act.

Americans do that for everything. Canada doesn't. I mean, look a CERB? It's not even a word. You could pronounce it as curb, which is how you feel if you lost a good paying job and only getting $2K a month, like you have been kicked to the curb.

It's like they come up with an idea, and they end up using a thesaurus to figure out the words where the first letter of each word makes up an easy to remember acronym, but when you look at what it's saying, it's not exactly clear.

I think sometimes they accidentally work.  Being a gov't employee, almost everything has an acronym … and some are department specific, whereas other departments have the same acronym for a different program.

But I have thousands of examples of acronyms that dont make a word. Smile  [Or, you fake a work out of it --- ie. Heading to the Lick-Bo for some rum.  Withdrawing money from Cee-Bic... I think CERB falls into this category]

Coke
Signage up for Elevate Cannabis in the old Zoup unit

[Image: shRpDGy.jpg]
Dogtopia? That new?
According to a conversation in my workplace's Slack, as of December 2019 they had a "founders offer" available that sounded to the person who brought it up like paying to be part of a beta test. It was definitely open by March.
Are they being a bit optimistic? They are not yet showing as approved.
https://www.agco.ca/status-current-canna...plications

Dogtopia has been open for maybe six months.
My kids and I really miss Zoup.... If anyone knows of a place in the region that just does soup like they did, please let me know...

(10-27-2020, 06:59 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: My kids and I really miss Zoup....  If anyone knows of a place in the region that just does soup like they did, please let me know...

Yeah, I only went a few times, their soups were really good...there is still a Zoup in Cambridge, but that's kind of a long trip for soup.

We make some pretty good soups at home, but somehow, not as tasty...
(10-27-2020, 08:44 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 06:59 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: My kids and I really miss Zoup....  If anyone knows of a place in the region that just does soup like they did, please let me know...

Yeah, I only went a few times, their soups were really good...there is still a Zoup in Cambridge, but that's kind of a long trip for soup.

We make some pretty good soups at home, but somehow, not as tasty...
Not to get off topic but in our home, soup is a staple in our diet.   We have to take my daughter to McMaster Kids Hospital often, as a treat we always go to "The Burnt Tongue"  https://www.theburnttongue.com/  It is great and I think it would do so well here...
Still way off topic, but SoupSurreal is worth the trip to Stratford! I was so disappointed when they stopped selling at the Kitchener Market.
(10-27-2020, 10:48 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Still way off topic, but SoupSurreal is worth the trip to Stratford!  I was so disappointed when they stopped selling at the Kitchener Market.
Thanks,  I will go for a drive with the family and try it...
Tasty food isn't so off topic in a cannabis thread.
(10-26-2020, 07:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Are they being a bit optimistic? They are not yet showing as approved.
https://www.agco.ca/status-current-canna...plications

The Cannabist Shop (former Fritsch Fragrances) also has their sign up now, so I assume they've gotten some positive indication they're likely to be approved.

Look at that list I realize we're now up to 6 applications for DTK. 147 King St W (formerly Petsche's Shoes) and 181 King St W (formerly Gypsy Lee clothing) being the two I don't remember seeing discussed here. The application signs are already up for 147, but 181 just had the leased signs go up. I don't see any way DTK is going to support 6 stores long term, so this will be interesting.

I would think at most two or three in DTK can be viable. And, even so, I would think someone would maybe need to specialize in edibles or something, in order to differentiate.
I'm very interested in where the number of pot shops downtown stabilizes. If there's one at Victoria and one at Cedar I could still envision enough traffic for several in the middle. There will absolutely be folks going in daily to buy their morning energy drink or afternoon chocolate bar and the brand of the store matters a lot less I think than the specific products.

Obviously the market and customer behaviours are different than restaurants, and our pot shops aren't allowed to be cafes yet so coffee shops aren't comparable, but there's a lot of sources for alcohol and caffeine downtown and I think there's a reasonable chance the same holds true for cannabis.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »