Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Photos from late afternoon:

I just drove past this site and there was plenty of activity (Monday 10:20pm).
Awesome photos Canard!
21 sections installed... 22 going in shortly. Man the guys work fast!
More photos from Waterloo Park this afternoon:

Walls going up at the OMSF!  Looking great!!  I was expecting bland steel sheet paneling, but they've gone for a very attractive bas relief concrete.  Loving it.

Thanks for the pics!
When I was by there this evening they had 26 sections installed (if I counted correctly). There's going to be a total of 30 right? Does anyone know when this work is expected to be completed?

King Street from Union to Allen down to one lane in each direction now.  

[Image: IMG_20150721_201627_zpskebgktab.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150721_202602_zpswbz1zopg.jpg]
(07-21-2015, 04:30 PM)Canard Wrote: Walls going up at the OMSF!  Looking great!!  I was expecting bland steel sheet paneling, but they've gone for a very attractive bas relief concrete.  Loving it.

I do like it -- but it does remind me of the bas-relief pattern on the UW Math & Computer Building.  Brutalism at its best!  Wink
The Laurel Trail halfway between University and Columbia has disappeared.

July 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/KU3mSn1.jpg
My commute to work by bike is getting worse and worse...

On the way home yesterday, they had sealed Caroline up tight. I had to go via the Uptown Square to get from the Laurel Trail to the Iron Horse
Just making sure: you guys know there's a mailing list for all these closures, right? You can sign up for it at http://www.rideion.ca and you will get them every week or two. All these closures are listed and outlines a couple of weeks in advance.

(07-24-2015, 12:50 AM)Markster Wrote: My commute to work by bike is getting worse and worse...

On the way home yesterday, they had sealed Caroline up tight. I had to go via the Uptown Square to get from the Laurel Trail to the Iron Horse

I can’t speak for every hour of the day, but yesterday I was able to go from the grocery pickup parking lot of the Valumart to the East-side sidewalk of Caroline, down to Willis Way and then through the parking lot to Caroline and William. The access to the sidewalk is very unobtrusive, however — I wasn’t certain it was open until I came right to the corner of the parking lot.
(07-24-2015, 06:11 AM)Canard Wrote: Just making sure: you guys know there's a mailing list for all these closures, right? You can sign up for it at http://www.rideion.ca and you will get them every week or two. All these closures are listed and outlines a couple of weeks in advance.

Well, that's good for knowing what's "closed", but not quite as good for knowing what's impassible.

(07-24-2015, 07:12 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: I can’t speak for every hour of the day, but yesterday I was able to go from the grocery pickup parking lot of the Valumart to the East-side sidewalk of Caroline, down to Willis Way and then through the parking lot to Caroline and William. The access to the sidewalk is very unobtrusive, however — I wasn’t certain it was open until I came right to the corner of the parking lot.

I considered hunting for that, but decided against it, because I didn't feel having to double back around the mall if it turned out to be closed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »