Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-06-2023, 03:56 PM)dunkalunk Wrote: The questions in the survey are laid out in a way so that you need to give a 1-10 score to an entire category, rather than indicate what you like and don't like about a proposal.

Yep, very poor survey. Every question has clearly positive and negative things bundled together in a single score. I complained and clarified in the text field response as well.

I also used the text box to provide context. Hopefully enough answers in a similar vein will get the message across.
I made it about 3 questions in before getting bored and closing it. They're going to screw it all up either way so it doesn't really matter.
(11-06-2023, 05:45 PM)Acitta Wrote: Does anyone remember what the evening service frequency on the #7 was before the start of ION service?

You can use web.archive.org to get old versions of the route maps.

https://web.archive.org/web/201708101433...dules.aspx

https://web.archive.org/web/201708101433...03-web.pdf
(11-06-2023, 05:45 PM)Acitta Wrote: Does anyone remember what the evening service frequency on the #7 was before the start of ION service?

If I'm reading the 2017 schedule correctly using the link that Bytor provided, after 9:00pm, weekday service was generally 15-minute headways leaving from the Charles Street terminal. Prior to that, departures were every 7-8 minutes during the weekday.
(11-06-2023, 06:04 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: Yep, very poor survey. Every question has clearly positive and negative things bundled together in a single score. I complained and clarified in the text field response as well.

I'm not expert in survey design, but it seems like the way the questions are worded, they can derive any conclusion they would like from the results.
(11-07-2023, 10:59 AM)timc Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 06:04 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: Yep, very poor survey. Every question has clearly positive and negative things bundled together in a single score. I complained and clarified in the text field response as well.

I'm not expert in survey design, but it seems like the way the questions are worded, they can derive any conclusion they would like from the results.

They’ve been watching their Yes Minister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GSKwf4AIlI

Freezing rain expected this afternoon. Is the anti-ice equipment finally ready?
Don't worry,
(11-08-2023, 10:41 AM)KevinL Wrote: Freezing rain expected this afternoon. Is the anti-ice equipment finally ready?

Don't worry, someone helpfully took out the system before the freezing rain arrived.

[Image: 0gkRVrH.jpg]
[Image: q1ao1hL.jpg]

perhaps more hi-viz is necessary
local cambridge weirdo
No, perhaps a more difficult driving test !! This is ridiculous..

From what I see, looks like the SUV might have been traveling the wrong direction and had to take steps to avoid an oncoming vehicle...
(11-08-2023, 12:55 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: No, perhaps a more difficult driving test !!  This is ridiculous..

From what I see, looks like the SUV might have been traveling the wrong direction and had to take steps to avoid an oncoming vehicle...

If it comes down to painting some steel boxes bright yellow or training/allowing our civil engineers to build the right thing regardless of what councillors say, I’m gonna assume we are going to go with option 1
local cambridge weirdo
Seems they were departing the Bauer Lofts lot and somehow put on far more speed than was warranted, while steering the wrong way.

Impressive launch distance. Did better than the driver who tried to take out the power station at Block Line Rd. The anti-LRT lobby continues to execute their strategy.
(11-08-2023, 12:46 PM)bravado Wrote: [Image: q1ao1hL.jpg]

perhaps more hi-viz is necessary

And how the heck does that take out multiple independent catenary electrification sections all the down to Market Station and up to Laurier Station, as as well as multiple track switches?

I know we did this cut-rate, but come on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »