Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Another TPSS installed (or at least delivered) yesterday at Conestoga Mall.

Coke

That is an excellent report, thank you for doing this!

(04-29-2016, 09:16 AM)zanate Wrote: I sense there's a bit of a battle going on with this one right now. I might need a new hashtag. #gategate.

May I suggest #gate²
Thanks for the follow up and all that info!

My arguments for Monorail, which avoid all of these complications (fences, gates, etc) are beginning to have some more traction, methinks. Smile but I'll just leave that alone.
"Construction workers unearth 1,300 pound treasure trove of ancient Roman coins"

When this article eventually gets reprinted in The Record, the headline will be: "Water line project encounters further delay"

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/652052...man-coins/
How are they deciding where the I-beam catenary poles get placed vs. the cylinder catenary poles? I notice along Caroline the poles are cylinder but by the time the reach Waterloo park/PI they are I-beam.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Less visible areas are getting I-beam, more visible areas are getting round pole.
(04-29-2016, 01:49 PM)Canard Wrote: Less visible areas are getting I-beam, more visible areas are getting round pole.

Is that right? Waterloo Park is a pretty visible area.

It's also getting a 1.5m chain link fence.
The area will be visible. Just not very attractive....
I think beams are a nice shape. Those are wide-flange beams, not I-beams... I-beams aren't very common anymore.
Hoo-wee, that latest Ion update!

Finally a date for Caroline / Erb. May 16th, For 4 months.

King between Vic / Francis being dug up next week

Charles from Vic to Water getting curbs / being paved next week!!

Charles between Ontario / Queen getting curbs / being paved right now!!

Charles from Queen to Benton being rebuilt very soon.

Embedded track is going in in fragments all along Charles. Based off the time lines in the update, I could see Charles being 100% reopened (minus Ottawa and Victoria) by mid June!

Stuff is happening!
(04-29-2016, 04:56 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Finally 's date for Caroline / Erb. May 15th, For 4 months.

That's going to be a fun detour at 5pm.
If everything stays on schedule, both Union and William should have been reopened by then. Which should help a little. Not a lot.

(04-29-2016, 04:56 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Finally a date for Caroline / Erb. May 16th, For 4 months.

Pure shenanigans each and every day of that closure. Very glad I don't live in that area any more!
(04-29-2016, 03:55 PM)clasher Wrote: I think beams are a nice shape. Those are wide-flange beams, not I-beams... I-beams aren't very common anymore.

Right; if you want to get really picky, they're W-profile sections.

...but no one will know what you're talking about, unless they work in fabrication Smile So I think I-beam is still a valid name.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »