Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Finally an original complaint.

https://www.reddit.com/r/waterloo/commen...17_really/

Quote:I walked past the LRT station at Grand River Hospital a couple of days ago. What caught my attention is that all the lighting behind signage panels appears to be fluorescent. Even worse the lighting behind the Grand River Hospital panel was flashing intermittently as if the brand new bulb is about to die. I hope this isn't an omen of lighting reliability going forward.

I'm astonished that in 201x, let alone 2017, the station designers would have opted for fluorescent technology when LEDs are so much better in every way, brighter, longer lasting, less expensive to power, easier to maintain, etc. The LCD flat panel industry (e.g. computer screens, TVs) switched from fluorescent to LED backlighting something like a decade ago. Why would anyone put in new fluorescent lighting today?
Could there be a rational explanation for this decision or does it seem that the LRT designers didn't get the memo on LEDs?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Bob_McBob - 09-24-2017, 01:46 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM