Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-09-2018, 09:55 AM)Momo26 Wrote: So there is another delay..until the spring. What the heck is going on? Seriously...atrocious amounts of delays. I know with such a grand project of its magnitude, could they not have predicted a more accurate timeline of train delivery, testing and launch? What was the original launch date?

2017, exact date never specified but I always assumed Fall, maybe September. Signs posted on the Spur Line trail gave July 2017 as a date when things would change in some way, although the signs never made sense in the first place so who knows. LRV deliveries were supposed to be spread over the second half of 2016.

The early delays were mostly Bombardier’s fault, as far as I can tell; but the more recent ones are more about Metrolinx’ failure to get their equipment together. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Bombardier hadn’t messed up early on; they would have had 14 vehicles ready for delivery in 2016, but would the Metrolinx equipment have been ready? What if Bombardier hadn’t messed up and Rob Ford and then McGuinty and Wynne hadn’t screwed up Transit City? The Sheppard line was supposed to open in 2012 I think; from here it’s not at all obvious that either Bombardier or Metrolinx would have been ready with vehicles and equipment. On the other hand, maybe both groups would have had more of a sense of urgency if it wasn’t just our small town trolley that was waiting but Toronto’s big system.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 11-09-2018, 11:46 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM