Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
ijmorlan Wrote:
Quote:I have to say I’m disappointed by what Galloway said in the article. He acts as if these were unforeseeable. To the contrary, in both of these cases, the problems are obvious just by looking at the plans. Any competent planner inspecting the plans would have noticed the problems without needing to wait for actual people walking to use the stations. Interesting that they haven’t mentioned Frederick, Grand River Hospital, Kitchener Market, or Borden stations which have similar defects in the design (notice that I do not say “problems with people walking in the wrong places”). I wonder when they’ll officially notice people using the “wrong” end of those stations.

Specifically with Grand River Hospital, I thought it would be a lot of people doing this, but at least from what I've seen it doesn't seem to be. Possibly just a matter of where people's destinations tend to be.

I bet the number of people doing that is rivalled by the number of motorists parking in the little lot on the north side of King at Pine (mostly hospital employees), and jaywalking across King quite close to the signalized crosswalk at Pine.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 07-10-2019, 07:40 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM