Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(07-26-2022, 03:54 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 03:49 PM)CP42 Wrote: One comment I found interesting and don’t think I have heard before: sell and use the proceeds to offset the price of the new transit hub to taxpayers (which is currently stalled due to a lack of funding). 

One transit hub’s retirement helps fund the transit hub of the future. I like that. 

I’m sure the region could include their requirements in the conditions of the sale so they still have say in what goes there, but are able to help progress the new transit hub as well.

The transit hub isn't stalled due to lack of funding...it's stalled due to lack of priority. We had plenty of money to spend on the airport.

It doesn't help that the estimated price is utter bonkers for a small single floor building and train platform with minimal amenities. It's literally costing as much as a 30 story apartment building.

https://kitchener.citynews.ca/amp/corona...ub-3371544

“The region has been attempting to secure additional 100 per cent funding from the province with no success and it has forced the region to reconsider funding strategies and look to see if there is a different way to make this project happen and find the funding for the additional cost.”

Was going off of this article. My understanding was they were looking for other sources of funding before proceeding.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by CP42 - 07-26-2022, 04:05 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM