Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(02-19-2024, 09:22 AM)the_conestoga_guy Wrote: I appreciate that it may not be the best use of public money to replace the Aud. But I also think that our politicians disagree, and that we will have a new arena announced sometime in the next 10 years.

That leaves the location as the only real “debate”. I’ve personally been advocating for the GRT terminal since it’s already publicly owned land, it would help the downtown businesses, and it would be the only option that doesn’t include building tons of parking lots.

If a new Aud is inevitable, which I think it is, I just don’t want to see it built on the outskirts of town, surrounded by a sea of parking lots. I want to see it used as a tool to help other parts of our community.

I don't know that thinking something is inevitable when it's not even planned and is at least 10 years away is reasonable. Something like highway 7 is much closer to inevitable because there are literally already shovels in the ground and land acquisitions.

There's still lots of time to push back on this, call your pols, let them know this is a bad idea, and that it's on your radar.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by danbrotherston - 02-19-2024, 09:38 AM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM