Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(11-14-2019, 02:07 PM)robdrimmie Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 01:53 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I've posted this before, but here is my long term vision for that area...connecting the park is one aspect, but re-orienting the entire area around a pedestrian plaza could be amazing, reconfiguring the roads, could get us even more space.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?m...lAzNrm-Kba&ll=43.44823395544161%2C-80.49648275000004&z=17

Oh, yes! I'd forgotten that it was you that suggested some of the ideas I really like as well. I'm sorry for that, and I'll do better at crediting in the future.

I'm honestly not seeking credit....I didn't intend to come off that way, I am simply trying to push my plan, I'd really love to see that area be less car oriented....selfishly I live there after all. Turning the Charles Term (including my god damn bus stop) into a parking lot is my worst nightmare and I'm living it right now. Wide lanes on Joseph mean people go pretty fast along there too...certainly not as bad as other areas, but plenty of folks boot it from the stop sign to the lights...

Point is, I don't care who gets credit, I just care that something more people centric gets built.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by danbrotherston - 11-14-2019, 03:40 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM