Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(11-14-2019, 04:48 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 01:53 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I've posted this before, but here is my long term vision for that area...connecting the park is one aspect, but re-orienting the entire area around a pedestrian plaza could be amazing, reconfiguring the roads, could get us even more space.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?m...lAzNrm-Kba&ll=43.44823395544161%2C-80.49648275000004&z=17

There is much to like about this proposal. But it eliminates two east-west connections through/next to the park, leaving nothing between Charles St and Highland Rd/West Ave for motor vehicle traffic. That may be a good thing but I think it would be very difficult to get support for that at city council.

Today yes, some day in the future, I hope not. (Also, east-west is ambiguous, you mean Joseph and Jubilee?)

That being said, Joseph should be easy because it's connections are limited, and Charles could easily be the through route.  Jubilee I'm sure will be the bigger fight because it's a main through route, but it's also through a park, which should also be a major no-no, but I mean, that's only in a sane rational world.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by danbrotherston - 11-14-2019, 05:31 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM