Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
Something mixed use and cultural would be nice to see. You could have an amazing development there and it's right beside the park. With two LRT stops nearby, they could make a great mixed use development, even including a public square and it would certainly attract a lot of people all year round. They could build a tower that could house a hotel, shops, cultural/artistic or similar creative spaces etc. Add another tower for some rental units...including those for lower income individuals. Throw in some spaces for shops or restaurants on the first floor, utilizing any sort of public square/park entrance to help pedestrian activity.

Really, there are many options. Anything other than condos or an auditorium (I don't know why we'd need the latter when The Aud is literally a 10 minute drive away) would be a nice change to the downtown. I might just get out some tracing paper and sketch out random ideas now haha. It's such a valuable piece of land and I wouldn't want it to go to waste.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by ac3r - 11-14-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM