Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(11-15-2019, 09:24 AM)westwardloo Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:18 PM)panamaniac Wrote: That would put paid to themuseum's expansion plan (has the purchase of the bank building gone ahead yet?).  How about a City of Kitchener annex of the Regional History Museum (lots of their holdings are never seen)?  Or, more ambitious, how about a Canadian Museum of Design (why not in Kitchener?!)?
I would like to see the Canadian museum of technology. I know there is once in Ottawa, but seems like the region would be a perfect fit a museum on computer technology. I would love a museum of design too. I'm not too picky  Big Grin

I've always thought that the Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa should be the Museum of Science, Technology, and Design, but I'm not sure Canadians are ready for an "STD Museum", hence my suggestion.  Wink

Actually, it has been in my mind since the summer, when the Design Exchange announced that it was closing it's permanent collection, with most of the items going to the ROM or to the Canadian Museum of History.  I found myself wishing that the Region could have snagged it, as the basis of a new national museum.  Sadly, my magic development wand was out of commission so I couldn't make it happen ....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by panamaniac - 11-15-2019, 10:32 AM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM