Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(11-12-2020, 01:41 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: I have to admit I'd be a bit nervous about the quality of a homeless shelter they could set up there, especially with a temporary structure like that. I think the current hotel based shelters make far more sense, and I'd hope the city will be continuing that.

A Covid test center makes way more sense to me. Getting to the Glasgow test center on foot (sick people aren't taking transit!) from downtown, in the summer heat, with a sick person was a terrible experience. And given that a higher proportion of people living downtown don't have cars, I think the lack of a downtown or downtown adjacent testing center is a problem.

That was my take, and if they were doing a homeless shelter, the tent itself isn't much larger than the actual building that's heated right next to it...smaller if you include all the hallways.

A test centre would make some sense, but I'm not sure how big a lineup you'd be expecting, the terminal space isn't that big you probably couldn't fit more than 50 cars in line, I wouldn't really be looking forward to huge lineups of cars blocking our driveway (hence why I might have an interest in what goes in here). It would also end up blocking the GO Bus. But there is also a big need for a testing facility in an accessible location. I find the Glasgow location easy to get too, but that's only because I bike, by walking or transit, it's pretty inconvenient.

Honestly, I'd just like to know.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by danbrotherston - 11-12-2020, 03:17 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM