Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(11-12-2020, 07:46 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 04:10 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Do the vehicles not drive through the tents?  I was envisioning line up in Bay 1 and 4, drive through the tent and exit through bay 2 and 3. 

If they are not doing it that way, then they can only lineup in bay 1 or bay 4, and they can only fit ~20 vehicles in line there, which seems even more limited.

I also thought they needed auxiliary lineups for checkin and such...

We did a drive-through test at 137. Arrived at the beginning of the hour for our appointment, directed to a parking spot. At the start, they then guided the cars into two lines going through the first tent (I am envisioning the second bay here) where they do the check-in process. At the end of that, we did basically a U-turn to enter the second tent (third bay) for the actual test. At no time were there more than 15-20 cars in line/lines. It will be even fewer in DTK as the percentage of walk-ins will be higher.

I think this should be quite manageable.

I think this would only be true if this was an additional site, where folks who aren't driving preferred to go here. Instead it replaces the existing site, which means it will see mostly the same clients, so you'd have to convert drivers to pedestrians to reduce the percentage of drivers, and that is near impossible to do in nice weather not during pandemic at a covid testing centre. So the only shift will come from people who couldn't get tested before because they lacked transportation, will be able to get tested now. Which is great, but ultimately, I expect not a big difference.

If they only have 15-20 cars in line, that's not too bad, but there's also fairly limited parking on site (20-30 cars), unless they will be using some of the nearby lots, which is entirely possible.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by danbrotherston - 11-12-2020, 07:58 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM