Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(11-13-2020, 10:23 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: The fifth bay is inaccessible, because of the GO transit platform extension, there is no way to leave that bay without driving on Gaukel which is closed.

I don't think you're going to get a line of cars two wide, it would completely block the roadway meaning it would be impossible for any vehicle to leave if there was a situation. There are two bays, and the suggestion is that one would be used for the first step, the second for the second step, as I understand is happening at Glasgow, which again comes back to room for 20-25 cars.  Maybe their operation has been streamlined and they could have 40-50 cars.

Forgot about the extension, my bad. But while the two lines (in one bay) wouldn't allow anyone to exit rapidly, the same is true at 137 today once you are lining up. Or at a Tim Hortons drive-through. Or any highway on/off-ramp at a rush hour. I think that's a reasonable compromise.

Or they could reopen the last 10m of Gaukel for exiting traffic. Not ideal, but it would address the capacity concerns.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by tomh009 - 11-13-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM