Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
(11-14-2020, 09:23 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 10:41 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I realize we're a car centric city in a Tims centric country, but I don't know of any Tims drivethrough which holds 50 cars...if there was an emergency, it would be a quick thing to get out. At 137, are there curbs blocking in the cars in the lanes? I feel like they could have a car exit if necessary. With curbs and walls, it would be physically impossible.  And yes, I occasionally do feel claustrophobic in highway traffic jams, but there's little you can do there, I've only twice ended up on the shoulder with an emergency.

At 137, there is no easy way to get out of the line-up. Maybe by driving over the curbs in an SUV? You are similarly stuck in a line for a long time when crossing the US border by car (in a non-COVID year), or lining up for a ferry, or waiting to exit a large parking garage, or ...

I think this urgent need to drive away from the testing line-up should be a very rare occurrence. If you personally feel uncomfortable with it, the walk-in method might be a better option.

I really don't think you are correct here, most lineups, maybe not for fairy boats, but certainly the border crossings I've been too, would easily have the space to pull someone out of line. Putting two lanes of cars in the space of six meters with one side a vertical wall and the other an undulating curb would greatly surprise me.

That being said, it appears that it is only constrained to 6 meters under the overpass which is the entrance to the tent anyway...so who knows.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by danbrotherston - 11-14-2020, 09:39 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM