Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
Am Indigenous centre sounds great, but I'm not sure where they'd get the funding for that. As it stands, a couple developers have been eyeing this location already - including one associated with the architecture firm I am currently with.

We'll have to see what happens to this place. It's a prime piece of real estate and you know what that generally entails in the end.

Also, why do I often see the suggestion they build an auditorium here? It's not big enough for that...it's a tiny piece of property. Nevermind the question of where you'd put parking for attendees and teams. Whenever it comes time for a new stadium, I would think they'd just use the existing Aud space. IIRC the building is supposedly in poor condition anyway, so they'll need to get something new eventually. But I don't think we have enough local sports to warrant that and any major events tend to take place in Toronto anyway. Once we get all day GO service, it'll make going to games in Toronto a lot easier and nullify any need for a major stadium in Waterloo Region.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by ac3r - 10-17-2021, 04:37 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM