Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
Seconded on everyone that says the land use for a stadium here just doesn't make sense for the size of the region. I think Dan's on the right track with an idea that expands Victoria Park downtown in a bigger way (though, gasp, no way traffic on Joesph?!) and I would add to the wishlist that they do something at the same time with that waste of space surface parking behind 44 Gaukel like indicated in that layout.

Speaking of the south of Courtland park of Rockway - which I'm counting the days until they finally jettison for an actual public space as Victoria Park 2.0 - a spot like that still with highway accessibility makes so much more sense for a new stadium if that is truly needed (which I don't know I agree it is). That spot is near the LRT as noted, could be ripe for a rejuvenation with businesses nearby, and is an easy highway access because as much as you might wish it were the case, this is a requirement to keep the driving attendees out from downtown.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by cherrypark - 01-07-2022, 11:09 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM