Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment
For all the people who are suggesting a park expansion, I'd urge you to contact both the City of Kitchener (who owns the park, I believe) and the Region of Waterloo (who own this property). Let them know you'd like them to consider this idea so the planners have something to go on, since they for sure don't lurk WRC.

I think a park expansion is the best idea yet. My vision for this has a public square (partially paved, partially landscaped) as well as some facilities for the public - public art, washrooms, information centre and perhaps a little Indigenous centre etc. It could become a great focal point for the city: situated between City Hall - which represents our city - and Victoria Park which is our main public park. If a good landscape architect was brought in, this could be a wonderful place. We'll only have one single chance to redevelop this and having it become a space that can be enjoyed by all and last us the next century or more is not an opportunity we should lose.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles St GRT terminal redevelopment - by ac3r - 01-10-2022, 05:35 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ac3r - 11-19-2021, 10:01 PM