Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windsong Townhomes in Ayr
A new townhome project in Ayr, apparently 61 units, next to the St Brigid elementary school. Unit sizes in the 1400 sq ft range, prices in the $400K range.

This was already proposed (and opposed!) in 2015.
https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/61-townhous...-1.2628626

http://www.windsonginayr.ca

[Image: renderingband2-1.jpg]

[Image: Windsong_Siteplan-1-1.jpg]

Well you wouldn’t want to build a bunch of (relatively modest) family homes right next to an elementary school.  Even worse, there seems to be a supermarket within walking distance.  Those traffic concerns re 61 homes would be better addressed by building more strip malls ....
Looks like the site used to be a small Schneiders facility; completely vacant and flat now. Hard to raise any sort of objection.
(05-26-2020, 05:58 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Well you wouldn’t want to build a bunch of (relatively modest) family homes right next to an elementary school.  Even worse, there seems to be a supermarket within walking distance.  Those traffic concerns re 61 homes would be better addressed by building more strip malls ....

It could be worse. There could be a commercial component to the development! Imagine, being able to buy basic supplies within the neighbourhood! It would be the thin edge of the wedge.
Nice place to live for a rail fan!
(05-26-2020, 05:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote: [Image: renderingband2-1.jpg]

There are going to be a lot of dandelions sprouting soon....

Coke
This was in fact an old Schneiders site. I think it was a packaging plant iirc. 

I was by there yesterday and took a couple photos, but ive reached my attachment quota (if I delete some of my attachments will that delete them from the thread they were posted in?)

Nonetheless, the front two houses are close to done, and are very big in contrast to everything around them. Didnt appear like work had really started on any other part of the development though, which leads me to think it will likely be phased.

(06-06-2020, 11:30 AM)Bjays93 Wrote: I was by there yesterday and took a couple photos, but ive reached my attachment quota (if I delete some of my attachments will that delete them from the thread they were posted in?)

I believe yes, if you delete the attachments they're gone from wherever you posted them. If you're out of space just upload them to Imgur and then link/embed them here.

Also, if it's in your budget, premium members don't have an attachment limit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »