Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
528, 533, 550 Lancaster St W | 10, 12, 18, 30, 30 fl | U/C
[Updated thread as this has undergone a redesign.]

This is being developed by Vive Development and Corley Developments. Architectural design is by studio185/Cusimano Architect Inc.

They are proposing an additional 4 towers next to their existing 10 floor building (now called The Carmine) at 10, 12, 18, 30 and 30 floors. There will be a total of 1281 units, a mixture of one and two bedrooms. A total of 1412 square meters of commercial space would be included. Outdoor rooftop amenity space would be included on the 12 floor tower and on the podium between the two 30 floor towers.

[Image: Pan9kzM.png]

Vive again! They have a ton of projects in the pipeline.
Nice looking building! Well done Vive. This project has made some decent progress already. This corner of the city is getting some much need attention. The church project across the street is a nice little project as well. Would love to see some more mid-rise mixed use projects in Bridgeport and in along Lancaster on the other side of the highway.
Am I the only one that thinks this is incredibly boring??
(07-09-2021, 09:37 PM)Spokes Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks this is incredibly boring??

Incredibly boring, no.  Standard K-W boring, for sure.
(07-09-2021, 09:37 PM)Spokes Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks this is incredibly boring??

I don't mind it. I don't like the staggered white and grey on the façade, but I enjoy how minimalist the building it. At least it's not like...green metal panels or beige stucco.
By the way, does anyone know if this is indeed under construction? The page for this project says it is, but this thread title was edited to say Proposed. I'm never around this neighbourhood so I'm not sure.

(07-10-2021, 01:31 PM)ac3r Wrote: By the way, does anyone know if this is indeed under construction? The page for this project says it is, but this thread title was edited to say Proposed. I'm never around this neighbourhood so I'm not sure.

Driving by on the Expressway I noticed there was a building going up. I had hoped it was a small office building, because this equals more employment, but I guess it's an apartment. I appeared to be right by the Tim Hortons.
(07-10-2021, 01:31 PM)ac3r Wrote: By the way, does anyone know if this is indeed under construction? The page for this project says it is, but this thread title was edited to say Proposed. I'm never around this neighbourhood so I'm not sure.

There was a large Mammoet crane doing something when I went by a few weeks ago in the general area of the project but I just saw it from the expressway so it could have been for something unrelated.
So ... the permit is for 10 floors. Is that render current?
It's well under construction. It's precast, and going up quick. I think they're on the 2nd floor above grade right now. I'm not sure that the render is current as the first floor (in real life) appears to be exposed aggregate in places.
Some nice views will be had of the Grand River from the upper floors.
(07-11-2021, 07:57 PM)ParkerQueen Wrote: It's well under construction.  It's precast, and going up quick.  I think they're on the 2nd floor above grade right now.  I'm not sure that the render is current as the first floor (in real life) appears to be exposed aggregate in places.

Driving by on the weekend, I get the sense the grey in the render is a stone surface similar to exposed aggregate. Seemed there were both those and the white panels going up now. I think this one is going to work out well, though the render really doesn't convey the grading around the site.

(07-11-2021, 07:57 PM)ParkerQueen Wrote: It's well under construction.

Thanks! I updated the thread title. One of the mods edited it to say Proposed though I was pretty certain it was already being constructed.
Rumour is there there are plans for at least 2-3 other towers here down to General Dr. Hopefully the two heritage cottages aren't destroyed in the process. Corley is part of the Auburn crew so maybe they'll be done by 2050
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »