Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(09-21-2020, 09:45 PM)CedarHillAlum Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 11:25 AM)ac3r Wrote: That picture really goes to show you how little sidewalk space most of King Street has. It'd be really nice if they could turn the street into a pedestrian only area from maybe Francis Street to Frederick Street...maybe permit delivery trucks to drive down it if they needed to (which is common to see in Europe). Weber can easily remain the arterial road, and then let Charles take some of the local traffic load off King Street. One can dream, at least.
The King Street pedestrian mall idea was tried back in the 1960s / 70s timeframe. I don't recall the official verdict but it seems to me that if it had been successful, it would still be in place.

Are you talking about the "King Street bubble" concept they had back then? I don't know the city history completely, so I'm unaware of King Street being pedestrian at any point.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 4 fl | U/C - by ac3r - 09-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Re: City Centre Condominiums - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
[No subject] - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 10:53 PM