Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(12-03-2020, 01:24 PM)7taylortbb Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 02:53 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: I just saw an advertisement on Facebook saying that 2 additional stories are being added. If I understood correctly they will all be Penthouse units.

I'm not sure this is actually additional floors, or just that they're releasing held back floors. The permits in the city database are for a 24 storey tower originally, and then for an addition to make it a 25 storey building. There's no application for anything else currently.

The floor plans on their website all stop at floor 23. So they may have just held back floors 24/25, and now offering them for sale. The wording on https://www.instagram.com/p/CITW-05gqUp/ is kind of ambiguous.

(12-03-2020, 11:34 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Two stories of "penthouses".  Gawd, I love what real estate does to the language!

To be fair, I'm not sure we really have a term for "larger fancy unit near top of building". Technically penthouse just means top floor, and can be exactly identical to the layout on the lower floors, but it typically means "large fancy unit at top of building" which is really close to the desired meaning. If your building has layout A on floors 2-25, and then layout B (consisting of large fancy units) on floors 26-27, penthouse is the closest thing we have to a term for the layout of floor 26.
Well, there’s “apartment”, but we won’t see that in any ads.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 4 fl | U/C - by panamaniac - 12-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Re: City Centre Condominiums - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
[No subject] - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 10:53 PM