Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(04-14-2021, 08:27 AM)ac3r Wrote: I disagree. I've seen a lot of the architectural plans and impact (shadow, visibility) studies for this building. It's going to look very bold. There's no way you won't see this thing towering over King or Duke Streets unless you're standing behind a wall.

Fair enough, we'll disagree on this point. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, let's see how visible it is when it has actually been built.

Edit: Walking on King St today, on the same-side sidewalk you cannot see the first tower at all, so I expect the second tower will not be highly visible, either (shadows notwithstanding). From the opposite-side sidewalk, it will certainly be visible but because of the six-storey street-facing portion and the tower's setback, it'll be less imposing.

In summary, I think it will not be as bad as Circa, because (1) it's set back, (2) there is a street wall of four-to-six-storey buildings in front, (3) there are numerous other tall buildings nearby and (4) it's not totally black. Circa is visible for 100m+ in either direction, and very much in-your-face in front, giving it the POW! effect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C - by tomh009 - 04-14-2021, 01:38 PM
Re: City Centre Condominiums - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
[No subject] - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 10:53 PM