Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 Regina St N & 24 Erb St E | 25 fl | Proposed
VanMar Developments and Urban Legend Developments are proposing a 18 25 floor mixed use building in uptown Waterloo. The architectural work is done primarily by Turner Fleischer with additional design work by Kirkor Architects.

Located at 6 Regina North and 24, 28 and 34 Erb East, the building will by 18 25 floors and containing 245 bedrooms within 218 units (a mixture of 1 and 2 bedroom), 1'860sqm of office space and 503sqm of retail space. 126 parking spaces and 146 bicycle parking storage are proposed, the majority being within the podium.

The architectural design of the tower has more of an office tower feel despite the balconies due to the glass being used. A mixture of precast concrete (used as highlighting material on the podium), 3 different types of glass (for the podium, office and tower), dark and light prefinished metal and more neutral, greyish and clear glazed materials for the balconies on the tower.

Edit: As of March 2024, the design of this project has been changed.

[Image: PlZOtl2.jpeg]

Original design:

[Image: uZnFU1E.png]

[Image: 641AhLf.png]

Wow Vanmar has like 4 projects on the go. How many can one company do at a time realistically?
Yeah they're doing a lot. Currently they're doing Station Park, Maxx Towns and Glenpark Row. They've got this project, 10 Duke West and 101 Golden Eagle all coming in the very near future.
(09-14-2022, 03:24 PM)ac3r Wrote: Yeah they're doing a lot. Currently they're doing Station Park, Maxx Towns and Glenpark Row. They've got this project, 10 Duke West and 101 Golden Eagle all coming in the very near future.

They also have the Ziggys project!
(09-14-2022, 07:08 PM)KaiserWilhelmsBust Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 03:24 PM)ac3r Wrote: Yeah they're doing a lot. Currently they're doing Station Park, Maxx Towns and Glenpark Row. They've got this project, 10 Duke West and 101 Golden Eagle all coming in the very near future.

They also have the Ziggys project!

I forgot about that one! It's going to be impressive from what I know.
(09-14-2022, 03:19 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Wow Vanmar has like 4 projects on the go. How many can one company do at a time realistically?

I will happily take the max on VanMar in place of IN8. Their projects keep looking to be some of the better ones going up in the region.
Regina St. North, not East.

(09-14-2022, 10:12 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Regina St. North, not East.

Di
I’m not well versed on heritage preservation criteria, but 28 Erb St E looks like the kind of century home that could/should be protected, no?
(09-15-2022, 06:25 PM)kidgibnick Wrote: I’m not well versed on heritage preservation criteria, but 28 Erb St E looks like the kind of century home that could/should be protected, no?

I don't know the history of that house, and it is nice, but it looks like a pretty typical Italianate, which is not uncommon.
(09-15-2022, 06:25 PM)kidgibnick Wrote: I’m not well versed on heritage preservation criteria, but 28 Erb St E looks like the kind of century home that could/should be protected, no?
It is fairly nice looking, but nobody will miss it when it is gone.
This is gonna butt up right against the one at Erb / Peppler isn't it? Would be interested to see how those look side by side, given that they're not going for a street wall
(09-16-2022, 12:21 AM)GtwoK Wrote: This is gonna butt up right against the one at Erb / Peppler isn't it? Would be interested to see how those look side by side, given that they're not going for a street wall

Nor will there be a portico, continuous or otherwise. Disappointing, whatever the other merits of the projects may be.

This is one of the nicest proposals in the region. I'm on board with this, nice glass use and the wavey balconies are a very nice touch!
(09-16-2022, 06:08 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: This is one of the nicest proposals in the region. I'm on board with this, nice glass use and the wavey balconies are a very nice touch!

Zig-zaggy rather than "wavey".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »