Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(02-10-2023, 04:30 PM)plam Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 01:09 PM)KevinT Wrote: In their defence, I'm probably the only person in town considering such a trip. Marble is 2.5 times taller than Blue Mountain, but shorter than Tremblant and with less skiable area than either of them. I do really like the place though...

That's not true! I was just thinking of a Marble Mountain trip for Easter weekend (which is probably the last weekend they'll be open this season), with Gros Morne snowshoeing as a backup plan. I've never been there but would be keen on going. I would fly from YYZ though. I basically will try really hard to avoid flying ULCCs though.

Last time I did Air Canada from Pearson to Halifax, then transferred to a turbo prop from Halifax to Deer Lake. It wasn't cheap, and the return flight from Halifax got delayed about 6 hours. That's why I've been jonesing for a cheap non-stop with Flair from KW. I used Flair for Kitchener to Calgary and it worked out mostly alright.

I say mostly because my reservation and online check-in emails both said 15:30 p.m., which my brain saw as 5:30 p.m. and caused me to miss my flight. I arrived at the airport just as they had buttoned up the door, and had to high-tail it to Pearson for a later one-way WestJet flight to arrive that same evening. Oddly enough my return flight was listed in their emails as just 18:15 without a p.m. tacked on, and that flight I caught and enjoyed without issue. Weirdest bug I think I've ever encountered.

I hope you make that trip, Marble Mountain was great!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by KevinT - 02-13-2023, 04:14 PM