Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(02-22-2024, 12:45 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 11:35 PM)SammyOES Wrote: I think the only real reason to have the bus start at YKF is if the goal really is to get permission to do security here and skip it at Pearson.  That could be a huge advantage.  Although tricky with US flights.  And I’m sure the Government Agencies would have a lot to say.

The idea of having the bus be pre-cleared is absolutely insane. But then again, since airplane security is mostly theatre, maybe they’ll do it — they already do lots of things that are insane from a security standpoint, if the purpose were actual security.

I don't know why this is insane...there are plenty of airports that use a bus as their transportation from the gate to the plane, this is no different, the gate is just really far away from the plane.

As SammeyOES says though, this is the only reason departing from the airport makes any sense...

FWIW...this is a really smart move by a hammer...yes, all it sees are nails, which is why they are travelling to the airport instead of to the place where people want to go, but being able to book the ticket in one single interface, to have guaranteed connections, and a direct--hopefully well organized bus, baggage handling!...these are all HUGE benefits. I would absolutely use this service! I would be annoyed to be at YKF and not...like...in the city I'm travelling to...but I'd be much less annoyed than making my third GO connection.

And yes, "luxury motorcoach" is funny, but totally expected...the type of people who typical afford to fly have a significant overlap with the kind of people who think "only the poors ride buses". A branding change is much easier than fixing society...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by danbrotherston - 02-22-2024, 03:52 AM