Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(03-21-2016, 05:35 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Nextjet owner Tan Ahmed says stops will only be 15 minutes and that flight via Peterborough is first step toward direct flights YKF-Gatineau and YKF-Montreal. Both of these would stop in Peterborough only if there were passengers to drop off or pick up (!).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-...-1.3501108

I wonder what it means exactly that stops will be “no longer than 15 minutes”? That’s the time actually on the tarmac? Even that doesn’t seem realistic somehow. I guess if there are only two passengers to board…

I guess that’s nice that your flight might be early, though if you’re booking to go to Montreal for a meeting, it looks like the earliest you can practically set that meeting would be 1:00pm. It doesn’t do much good planning your trip to be told that there’s a possibility that you’ll be early because you didn’t have to stop in Peterborough.

The more service, the better. I certainly hope that Nextjet’s flights are all oversold and some other airline sees the demand and introduces Montreal and Ottawa service. It’s hard to see how this is going to prove a success, though.

By the way, it’s less than forty percent of the price (less than $200 versus $500) to take the train round-trip from Kitchener to Montreal. It takes seven hours versus two-and-a-half, definitely won’t be early, but gets you downtown.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by MidTowner - 03-22-2016, 08:39 AM