Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
Thanks MidTowner, but I'm not young. Smile i'm not entirely opposed to franchises, and nor do I think that every restaurant need be some potentially snobby, foodie haven either. Lower and mid-priced places are needed as well. I do prefer one-off places to franchises but that doesn't mean they need all be Berlins or the like. I mean Boston Pizza (which charges you extra for bacon on a Ceasar salad for god sake), Casey's, Crabby Joe's, Kelsey's and such are all fine, but they all sell the exact same product and it's generally overpriced. As I said, not every restaurant should require you to sell a kidney just to eat there. So if I want a good burger for example, I go to Frat Burger, a one-off place. If I want wings (which I do right now actually), I go to Milton's or Morty's (prefer the former). Sunday pizza deal at Ethel's is also damn good.
I actually tried to convince the owner of Milton's to set up a Waterloo location in the Chen's Buffet building, but no dice. Sad

Anyway, I think it's great if certain restaurants put K-W on some kind of map, but ultimately I want selection in types of food, and price. Some chains are fine, but I'm glad to see some local one-offs are thriving.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by Elmira Guy - 03-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM