Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(02-21-2020, 07:46 PM)plam Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 09:03 AM)jgsz Wrote: A couple of weeks ago we had dinner at Meetpoint in Waterloo.

Do you remember Meetpoint?  It used to be located on University Ave. W. at Phillip Street.  They used to have really good items on the menu but they were slow.  They made everything from scratch.  It took about half an hour to make fresh bread and most people don't have that kind of time at noon.  For whatever reason they closed that restaurant several years ago.  

I'd been there once. Good to know that they're reemerged. Too bad about the location. The rent is probably cheaper. I think that the rent between the Universities is probably non-tenable for anyone who wants to spend money on ingredients or staff.

I agree that the location isn't ideal.  But the food is very good.  Meetpoint is in the same place that used to be Veroce - Italian Restaurant.  I remember when Meetpoint was on University Ave. one of the owners was a Turk and the other a Kurd.  (I recognized one of them working in the kitchen.)  I don't know if that had anything to do with the restaurant closing because intermarriage between the two nations is very common.  It's the constant conflict with the Kurds that make no sense to me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by jgsz - 02-23-2020, 08:20 AM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM