Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(09-06-2021, 07:11 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 06:29 PM)jeffster Wrote: Yes, true, but where does one find reasonably priced (to a degree) food of any sort? Believe me, I am not a fan of American food, but some places are better than others. When it comes to chicken, not a lot of great providers (McDonalds/BK is just nasty, A&W, Harveys's is OK at best, Mary Browns, KFC, Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A round it out). There are other places too, my favourite is still Swiss Chalet, but quality isn't where it used to be. State&Main has great chicken tenders if that's what you're looking for. I find a lot of other places just can't do chicken right at all. Best chicken I had was still at the Rib&Beer Fest at Victoria Park. Damn, that stuff was great, but pocketbook isn't safe.

At a reasonable price, in DTK? Sahar's Kitchen (Indian), Rainbow Caribbean (Jamaican), Crafty Ramen (Japanese-ish), multiple Salvadoran and Vietnamese places, burrito and shawarma shops. Notably these are all some type of ethnic food, I don't have any good suggestions for "just chicken". Smile

Rainbow has fantastic if you're in the mode for jerk. Did some BBQ's yesterday and we had jerk drumsticks and ribs. Got the jerk sauce in my eye, so thank god for the place having a pool. I want to try Crafty Ramen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by jeffster - 09-07-2021, 02:22 AM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM