Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(11-11-2021, 10:42 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: This is just crazy!

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-inve...-1.5662211

The video is really disturbing. I'm not sure why people think they can physically assault people.

1) Lack of AODA training.
2) Lack of understanding how those with disabilities react in stressful situations.
3) Drinking on the job (most likely they were drinking profits).
4) Related to 1), but, simply not wanting a dog in the establishment.

Police are involved. I am sure there will be a lawsuit. Bad publicity....it's already made it to the news in the USA.

If you go to Google Reviews of Miltons, you will see thousands of 1* ratings. Their reputation has been decimated.

CTV tried to talk to the owners of Miltons, which as you know, they declined.

As a parent with a child with a disability, I can guarantee I will never give them my business. Not for fear that something might happen to my kid, but because of their treatment of the disabled (autistic) individual. The victims reaction to what was happening, as well as the presence of a service dog, should have been a clue enough.

What I think really happened: those involved (apparently the owners of Miltons) were drunk a f*** -- and they watched this person walk in with a dog and who clearly was acting "different" than other patrons. He was an easy target to bully. And that's what happened. Drunk bullies.

Now their business is going to have issues. They have successfully made international news. They successfully got their website suspended.

Now, if alcohol wasn't involved, then these two people are the most ignorant dudes in the tri-city area.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by jeffster - 11-11-2021, 11:28 PM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM