Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
Thanks, I noticed this too, on mobile it's a killer because it takes up a massive chunk of (very valuable) realestate.

Should be gone now on mobile and desktop.

Also, we've taken steps to solve spam issues, hopefully we see an improvement.
Is there a way to bring one of the old themes back? I don't know the name, but there was a theme which on bb10 (Eg mobile) would have a 'last' button for each thread which would take one to the first unread message. Thanks.
Sorry, old themes are in the past.
(09-06-2018, 08:26 PM)PAHTDC Wrote: Is there a way to bring one of the old themes back? I don't know the name, but there was a theme which on bb10 (Eg mobile) would have a 'last' button for each thread which would take one to the first unread message. Thanks.

Too bad.  THIS is a feature I'd love to see.  I always jump to the last page, but then find myself clicking back pages if its been a while (or its a busy day in a thread).

Coke
With the theme we have, you can go to the "what's new" page and then click on the green arrow on each thread -- that will take you to the first unread message in the thread.

Not obvious but it does work Smile
Thanks! I`ll give that a shot on my next visit!

Coke

On mobile I wish that green arrow was a little bigger Smile
I can play around with the code and see if there's a way of integrating that old feature in the new theme. I don't know if it's possible though.

The green arrow is probably your best bet. I don't know how much bigger we can make it without altering the design/spacing completely.
I love the green arrow now!

Thanks all!

Coke
Sorry for any temporary login issues people had.  New version of mybb upgraded security, but left anyone not using the stock theme (everyone) scrambling.  Ugh
What’s with the new little blue “line” on the upper right in Mobile? I clicked it, a crown icon slid in, and something called “Sumo” popped up asking me to log in.
Hmm I hadn't noticed that before.
It's connected to that share feature that popped up a couple weeks ago. Thought it was all disabled

...there is now a Facebook/twitter/Pinterest group of buttons that appear smack dab in the centre of all photos in the forum when using mobile, making them impossible to see. Can this be removed?

Why does this keep changing lol
It keeps changing because I'm exploring options to improve this community.

It's part of that software I installed, and I'm slowly learning all it does.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »