Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filsinger Park Stream naturalization
I was riding the trail that runs up to Monarch woods and when I went under the subway at Westmount I was greeted by the stream being completely reworked and the old concrete sidewalk has been removed.

Looks like the whole stream is being reworked to a more natural state. Hopefully they improve the rest of the trail through here and especially the subway itself, it's pretty run down with only half the lights worked. I am not sure if the stretch between Westmount and the Iron Horse trail will be given the same treatment or not, there isn't as much room along there.

Exiting the underpass at Westmount road looking westi

There's a huge pile of rubble and rebar from all the concrete lining the stream. This is a the junction of the two streams where there's a bridge.

I suppose this is the final look they're going for with this... there were a few crows poking around already. Riding the trail up past the supercenter and into the residential area is quite nice with the more natural part of the stream. Some parts of the trail are paved and others aren't, it would be nice to see more improvements made along this stretch, it would be easy to commute in the summer to downtown by bike.

Google maps link if you're not familiar with the exact area.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »