Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
Thanks for posting

And yet it still looks far better than DTK Condos' podium ...
I don't think it looks that bad. Is it as good as the render, no. But its probably the best garage podium in the region.
We had discussed this awhile back when the finished product first became apparent and I believe one thing that would have improved it would have been if some sort of diffuse layer existed between the aluminum panels and the garage.
Keep that DTK art walk action going and have someone do an interpretive mural of the map they attempted to recreate on the panels and make the day time layout is a little more evident. Get some graphic artists on the case and print some adhesive panels for each.
Has anyone moved into this building? We are looking into purchasing an assignment sale and wondered if there were any early perspectives on build quality etc?
(11-22-2021, 10:27 AM)PassTheBruce Wrote: Has anyone moved into this building? We are looking into purchasing an assignment sale and wondered if there were any early perspectives on build quality etc?

I live in it!

Except for some pain with it being partially a construction site still, its been great. Build quality is good. Much better finish quality than my SO's unit at BlackStone (and she spent double on upgrades than i did). 

The amenities are looking great, parking garage is bright. 

Some people are complaining about the painted concrete ceilings, but it doesn't bug me. I think i stopped noticing after the second day

(11-22-2021, 12:02 PM)WaterLouGehrig Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 10:27 AM)PassTheBruce Wrote: Has anyone moved into this building? We are looking into purchasing an assignment sale and wondered if there were any early perspectives on build quality etc?

I live in it!

Except for some pain with it being partially a construction site still, its been great. Build quality is good. Much better finish quality than my SO's unit at BlackStone (and she spent double on upgrades than i did). 

Some people are complaining about the painted concrete ceilings, but it doesn't bug me. I think i stopped noticing after the second day
Thanks for replying! 

What’s the noise level like from other units?
(11-22-2021, 12:02 PM)WaterLouGehrig Wrote:

I live in it!

I'm not a fan of the ceilings, but apparently they're providing a solution where there's some sort of texture to cover up the imperfections.
For anyone getting their unit in December, how bad are the pro-rata fees and the occupancy fees? Haven't received the amounts from my lawyer yet and wanted to get a general idea.
(11-26-2021, 08:52 AM)Serendipity Wrote: For anyone getting their unit in December, how bad are the pro-rata fees and the occupancy fees? Haven't received the amounts from my lawyer yet and wanted to get a general idea.

I moved in the initial occupancy a couple months back, and my occupancy fees are about $1300/month for a 1 bedroom.
$1300/month in condo fees alone? Surely not? Is that including something else?

I would think the condo fees should be under $0.50/sqft in a new building, or maybe slightly over if you have on-site concierge/security.
(11-30-2021, 11:55 AM)tomh009 Wrote: $1300/month in condo fees alone? Surely not? Is that including something else?

I would think the condo fees should be under $0.50/sqft in a new building, or maybe slightly over if you have on-site concierge/security.

I believe he was referring to occupancy fees which are incurred until the building is registered and he takes legal ownership of the unit.

https://gtawestliving.com/pre-constructi...explained/

(11-30-2021, 01:10 AM)hellocharliewest Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 08:52 AM)Serendipity Wrote: For anyone getting their unit in December, how bad are the pro-rata fees and the occupancy fees? Haven't received the amounts from my lawyer yet and wanted to get a general idea.

I moved in the initial occupancy a couple months back, and my occupancy fees are about $1300/month for a 1 bedroom.

Oh wow, that does sound like high occupancy fees to me. Did you have any pro-rata fees too?
(11-30-2021, 12:02 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 11:55 AM)tomh009 Wrote: $1300/month in condo fees alone? Surely not? Is that including something else?

I believe he was referring to occupancy fees which are incurred until the building is registered and he takes legal ownership of the unit.

https://gtawestliving.com/pre-constructi...explained/

Ah, right, that makes more sense. So, if they were charge 2% interest on $500K (I'm just guessing at numbers here), $300 in operating expenses (effectively the same as condo fees) on 700 sqft and $250 for pro-rated property taxes, that would get you to around the $1300-1400 range.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »