Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UW Innovation Arena
They did the best they could, but damn the University really cheaped out on this. The original Diamond Schmidt design was Stunning. I get that the function of the interior of this building is what important, but I am surprised the university wasted their money on a fairly renown architect firm like Diamond when ABA could have designed this for a 1/2 - 3/4 of the cost.

I would bet the cladding is final, though the upper area of the front facade likely still has the angular pieces to go on if the last renders are to be matched.
Everything looks nice in the rendering until the quotes come in. I guess if they were unable to find a donor to fund this, they had to make do with what they had in the face on ongoing tuition freeze, the provincial government ignoring its own blue ribbon panel to increase funding to universities, and inflation.
The cladding is at least actual brick rather than some stamped eifs.
It sure looks final to me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »